Monday, 3 November 2008

3 month milestones

This is what I should have been be able to do by the end of this month if I hadn't been born a month early.....

By the end of month three a baby typically:
Raises head and chest when put on tummy
Lifts head up 45 degrees
Kicks and straightens legs when on back
Open and shuts hands
Pushes down with legs when placed on a hard surface
Reaches for dangling objects
Grasps and shakes hand toys
Tracks moving objects
Begins to imitate sounds
Recognizes familiar objects and people, even at a distance
Begins to develop a social smile
Begins to develop hand-eye coordination
Brings both hands together
Interested in circular and spiral patterns
Kicks legs energetically
Holds head up with control

......and guess what....apart from that bit about grasping and shaking hand toys I can already to ALL of them, so my mommy and daddy are very pleased with my progress and think I am a real little star!

1 comment:

mary said...

and that you are !!!!!!