Yesterday Nicholas was four months old and in some ways I can't remember our family without him....or what it felt like to sleep all night....and in other respects I can't believe he is already four months and developing so quickly. We didn't make it to clinic this week due to Megan and Phil's illness (didn't think I would be very popular taking two sick children into a clinic full of babies) but I am sure that he has had another healthy weight gain as he certainly loves his milk.
According to "The New Parents Guide" these are the 4 month milestones....the ones in green are the ones Nic has mastered.
Most babies should be able to . . .
Hold up head at 90 degree angle while on stomach
Bear weight on both legs
Goo and coo when you talk
Laugh and smile
Some babies will probably be able to . . .
Grasp a rattle or toy
Pay attention to small object held in front of his or her face
Roll over
Reach out for objects
Do small mini push ups
Some babies could possibly be able to . . .
Turn in direction of familiar voices
Hold head level with body when pulled to sit
Sit without support
Make a razzing sound
Get upset if you take a toy away
I am sure that before long he will have completed the whole list....I must say I am thrilled to bits with his progress as when he was born no one could tell us the full implications of his early and traumatic delivery.
My Baptisim - 28th October 2012
13 years ago
1 comment:
Great to see how well Nic is developing and that he has reached so many of the four month milestones
Post a Comment